Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Board
The Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) Boards make recommendations to the city council concerning the administration of the TIRZ Zones, prepare and adopt project plans, prepare reinvestment zone financing plans, and; prepare, implement, monitor, and submit all plans and an annual report to the city council for approval.
Open For Business
City of Texarkana, Texas TIRZ Number One & Two
TIRZ#1 (I-30 Zone) (PDF) contains approximately 868 acres of land located in the north and west part of Texarkana. For the I-30 TIRZ District, the base value, from which captured appraised value is calculated, $184,730,963 is the total assessed taxable value of all property within the Zone on January 1, 2009, as shown on the rolls of the Bowie County Appraisal District.
TIRZ #2 (Downtown Zone) (PDF) is an area in the historic downtown area of the City with approximately 173 acres. For the Downtown TIRZ District, the base value, from which captured appraised value is calculated, $57,373,408 is the total assessed taxable value of all property within the Zone on January 1, 2009, as shown on the rolls of the Bowie County Appraisal District.
The Zones will facilitate a program of public improvements to allow and encourage the development and redevelopment into a mixed use, pedestrian oriented environment consistent with the goals of the City's Master Plan. Construction of the public improvements is scheduled to take place in phases over a number of years and timed in coordination with new development and redevelopment projects in the Zone.
The public improvements scheduled for the Zones include, but are not limited to, the construction of:
- Sidewalks, cross walks, and pedestrian crossing systems
- Storm sewers, sanitary sewers, and drainage ponds
- Landscaping, streetscape, fountains, historic building facades, works of art, and benches
- Plazas, squares, pedestrian malls, trails, and other public spaces
- Parking lots and roadways
- Utility line relocation and installation
- Water system improvements
- Parks, and outdoor performance spaces
- Bicycle routes and facilities
- Public transportation projects
- Other related necessary or convenient public improvements
If you are developer or business owner that is interested in locating in either of our TIRZ areas please contact the City of Texarkana, Texas Office of Economic Development at 903-798-1715 for more information.